Are you in the West Colfax neighborhood and tired of the lack of healthy food access? Worry no more. The West Colfax Food Co-op will not only resolve our food access issues, but provide a healthy, convenient, locally sourced, and economically sound cooperatively owned grocery store. This is great news!
The West Colfax Food Co-op is a consumer-owned cooperative – this means if you join, you own it. And so do your neighbors and friends. This site and the upcoming community meetings are designed to answer all of your questions in hope that you will join us. In return, the West Colfax Food Co-Op makes a promiss: We pledge to serve our community with quality products and honest information. Unlike most businesses that make decisions primarily to maximize profits, cooperatives make decisions to maximize service to their owners and the community.
West Colfax Food Co-Op is committed to:
• a community owned grocery store
• equitable access to fresh, healthy, affordable food in the West Colfax area
• profits going back into the community
• sourcing products locally as much as possible
• celebrate culinary and cultural diversity
• a welcoming, vibrant store envirnment, serving community needs
Want to learn more? Click HERE for more information on the co-op.